Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Understanding God's Love

I don't really write deep, meaningful, spiritual posts so this may be really bad, but it is just something that I think about a lot lately.

I think as flawed and sinful humans we have a hard time truly understanding God's love. Love is such a  huge part of the Christian faith, but it seems near impossible to fully grasp the depth of that love and what He did for us. I think that is why it may be hard for some people to fully transform their life when they believe in Christ, or a reason us Christians so frequently lose the "fire" for God, or hit a low point in our desire and faith for God.

But since becoming a mother I feel a lot closer to understanding just how unconditionally God loves us.  Since we are all His children I feel like I can almost relate to Him more now that I have my own child (is it weird that I am saying I can relate to God? I mean we are created in His image so we are similar beings, right?). I love my child unconditionally, no matter what she does my heart will always be full of love for her. Don't get me wrong, I do love my husband, a lot! But it not as natural of a love as loving my own flesh and bones! Loving a spouse takes work at times and it's not as naturally unconditional(at least the way I experience it). Before I had Karis I don't think I really, truly understood the meaning of God's unconditional love for us. I feel like I do now(or am a whole lot closer to grasping it )!

Jesus loved us so much he gave His life for us. Before having a child, it was hard for me to grasp this also! To put it in my own perspective was hard as I would try to imagine myself in a situation where I would have to sacrifice my life for another. Would I be able to do it?  I don't know. Now I know without a doubt I would do anything for my child! I would take her pain from her, stand in front of a bullet, I would give my life if she needed it.

 Since becoming pregnant and then becoming a mother I have felt a lot more connected to God and our relationship has really deepened. To me this seems to have stemmed directly from me having a better understanding of how He feels about us. Like we have become better friends through the birth of my child  :)

I have been double blessed by becoming a mother...a deeper relationship with God and an absolutely wonderful baby girl who stole my heart. And I really do feel like I understand God's love now.

(I had a lot more on the mind related to this but I had a 3 day break from when I started and finished writing this so I don't remember now. Maybe one day I will edit it to add more. I should start writing down notes when I think of this stuff.lol)

So I don't have 2 posts in a row without any Karis pictures, here is one:

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I think that is a natural yet profound experience that all(?) christian new moms have. It is astounding for sure.

    I've been contemplating a similar post only coming more from the perspective of having a toddler who wants what he wants right now rather than waiting for what I have planned that is even better.

    Abby

    ReplyDelete