Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Blueberry Season!

A couple of weeks ago we went out to High Springs to a U-Pick Blueberry Farm to get some berries. WE ended up going at the perfect time that day...it poured right before we got there, we picked in breezy, overcast weather, and right after we weighed and paid for our berries another storm started rolling in. It was pouring by the time we were pulling out of the farm! It was my first time going to a u-pick (I have always wanted to go to one though) and I am hooked now! Not only is it a fun family event (Karis will have so much fun next year !) but you get to support your local farmers and get CHEAP, fresh fruit! I usually get my in-season produce at the farmers' markets, which is still pretty cheap and fresh, but it still doesn't compare to the price of pickin yourself. I think we ended up with 13 pounds of blueberries(yikes!) and I want to go back to get more in June. I usually freeze most of the berries so I can have them year round for smoothies, muffins, yogurt, jam, etc! Here are a couple of pics:

Blueberry Bushes at Bluebela Farm!

Kevin had fun, but he probably won't admit it :)

Family Pic

Karis and I pickin



LOTS of berries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment