I can 't believe Karis is now two months old! It's so crazy to think of how much she has changed in that short time period! We just had her 2 month check-up...she weighs 12.5 pounds (82 percentile) and is 24 inches long (90th percentile)...such a big girl! I guess I don't have to worry about if she is getting enough to eat or not :) Karis is hitting all of her developmental milestones right on (textbook) time so that is good. She knows she has hands and feet and is starting to try to grab stuff with her hands. So far she has successfully managed to touch my phone (there was a video playing on it) and has touched/grabbed her Mickey Mouse rattle. She also misjudges where her hand is a lot and pokes herself in the eye, lol!Of course she smiles, especially at silly noises, and if you're lucky she'll even laugh for you! She even smiles at herself and inanimate objects now(and smiled at Roxy once too!), but is still not so smiley for strangers...I guess she is just too busy studying their face to smile at them. Now...if we could only get better at tummy time! She absolutely hates being on her tummy and usually will just scream and kick the whole time. The pediatrician informed me she should be getting an hour of tummy time a day...ya right! I am lucky if I get one minute at a time! I have tried everything to get her to like it. Of course as a new mom I am worried that her not liking tummy time will hinder her phsyical development and strength! Most babies I know her age can already lift their chest off the floor (I know, I know, I am not supposed to compare my child to others...). Hopefully we can slowly work our way up to longer tummy times so she can progress in that area!
Overall she is such a great baby and we are enjoying parenthood soo much!! Can't wait to see what month 3 brings!!
**Sorry no pics today, something is wrong with our computer and we can't access anything on it! Actually it is saying there aren't any files on there at all but I know they are on there somewhere!**
**ETA: Shortly after I posted this I went to drop off a UPS package and Karis smiled several times at the lady at the store, her first stranger smile! That child is always making a liar out of me :) **
No comments:
Post a Comment