Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Slightly More Than 12 Hours of Sebring

In September, Kevin, Karis, Samson and I headed down to Sebring for the "Slightly More Than 12 Hours of Sebring" race, part of the Chumpcar World Series. The point of the race is to spend no more than $500 on your race car, not including the safety features (i.e. roll cage, etc). The race was a 14 hours endurance race, where Kevin and his team of 3 others switched off driving approximately every 2 hours. The team spent many hours and lots of sweat and hard work preparing the car for this race...and it paid off because they won!! I am proud so of them :).  Besides winning, it was a fantastically fun weekend (except for the 3 1/2 hour drive each way with K crying most of the time :( ), with lots of hanging out, eating, and racing! The hotel we stayed at was on the track, which was super convenient...I was able to go back and forth between the track and hotel easily and quickly all day  to take care of the dog and let Karis nap or cool off. Plus I could still see the racing from the hotel!








































1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Crying most of the way? Thats no fun.

    Otherwise it looks like you had a great time.

    Glad you are back to blogging!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete